This is the Website for downloading Heping Zhang's STREE program. By using this program, the users agree (1) to bear their full responsibility as the consequence of using this program; (2) to acknowledge the use of STREE; and (3) to cite the following reference in publications:
- H.P. Zhang and B. Singer. (2010) Recursive Partitioning and Applications, Springer, New York.
- stree*: These are the executable codes compiled on various systems. You can type in the datafile name as a parameter. Assume the missing values are either "." or "NA".
- sample.dat: This is a sample data file. The first row indicates the type of covariates. "d" implies deleting that covariate from the analysis; "o" implies a continuous or an ordinal covariate; "n" implies a nominal covariate; "r" implies the outcome; "c" is for censoring indicator (1=death, 0=alive).
- sample.inf: This is the output file of sample.dat. The file can be read as follows:
- Column 1: node number. Node 1 is the root node.
- Column 2: number of subjects in the node, e.g., 2418 subjects in node 2.
- Column 3: left daughter node, e.g. node 2 is the left daughter node of node 1.
- Column 4: right daughter node, e.g. node 3 is the right daughter node of node 1.
- Column 5: The splitting variables. For example, variable 1 splits node 1.
- Column 6: The splitting value corresponds to the splitting variable.
- sample.ps: The postscript file for the final tree that can be viewed and printed.
The latest version is revised on Dec 7, 2000. We provide executable files for three platforms.
- Sun Solaris: Compiled on Solaris 8 with gcc 2.95.2.
- Linux: Compiled on RedHat 7.0 with gcc 2.96.
- Windows: Compiled on Windows 2000 with Visual C++ 6.0.